Outlet wet hot air from rotary dryers can entrain fine particles from the product being dried, resulting in atmospheric pollution and loss of product. To reduce the carry-over of product dryers, lower drying velocities can be designed, but at an increase in capital cost.
Our standard range of dryers are designed for low carry-over with double horizontal cyclones at the outlet to collect entrained particles and reintroduce them to dry product at outlet.
Essentially the arrangement of compact cyclones consists or two or more horizontal cyclonic cells in parallel, discharging the collected dust into a common hopper.
In some drying applications the product might be too fine for collection in our cyclones, in which case bag filters or wet scrubbers need to be installed.
A brief summary of the various options follows further down the page.
High Efficiency Multiple Cyclones for Dust Collection
- Twin high efficiency cyclones for dryer exhaust dust collection.
- Multiple cells for improved collection efficiency.
- Two-stage separation reduces re-intrainment of collected dust.
- Compact design mounted on back end of rotary dryer.
- Rotary gate or double flap valve for dust extraction.